wild strawberry leaves (hot dyeing)

I dyed last week with wild strawberry leaves, and got this surprising result :






For the handkerchief you see on the left (the one that's almost white), I put (already used for the dye bath) leaves on it, rolled it tightly & tied it with rubber bands, and dyed it with the rest. I love that the stems (of the leaves) and some of the leaves did left a trace. (this is not eco printing, after all, it wasn't steamed, but fulled soaked)
I am very pleasantly surprised with the result, since all I usually get from leaves is ... yellow. Different kinds of yellow, and this one is not. I didn't add anything (no iron, nothing) so it's straight from the dyeing pot.
While I was at photographying these, I thought about taking pics of some other dyes I've made recently, and of some nice things that will go join the shop shelves soon. (maybe today if I find the time for it)

Comments

  1. Wow! What great colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting, I'd suspect some sort of yellow/greenish sort of colour from wild strawberries too. I just picked a lot of wild strawberry plants today, it'll be fun to see if I get a similar colour - or a surprice ;)
    Love the results on the linen and the lacy bit in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mona ! I was pleasantly surprised too. Have you been dyeing recently ? ox

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog today by accident and wanted to tell you how inspiring it is to me! I have never dyed fabric before, but you got me so curious that I can´t wait to try it out for myself. I enjoy looking at all the pictures, to me there is something really comforting in them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank YOU for your kind words ! I hope you'll always enjoy coming here & seeing which colors Mother Nature surprised me with ! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a word or two, I would love to know what you think ! :)